Are you eager to create high-quality, unique contents and websites and do not want to spend your time with boring, pale projects anymore? Instead, work on various and exciting tasks as a Senior Frontend Engineer? Do you also like to make the most out of yourself? If you possess agency experience and are a strong communicator in English, this is the position for you!
Our partner is a unique digital agency providing creative solutions for their clients through consulting and engineering services. Their main profile is creating finely crafted websites, tools and contents.
The difference between this company and its peers is that they do not hesitate to do extra polish on their work, they not only do their projects but also focus on creating valuable, high-quality solutions for their partners. Craftsmanship is one of their core values. They provide an extra level of attention to their quality of work and to the needs of their partners. They have really deep expertise on what their clients are looking to accomplish and make sure that it's going to be a success.
The members of the company are from all over the world (USA, India, Canada, Europe), they search for the best professionals for themselves.
We’re now looking to hire a talented Senior Software Engineer
in the USA to join our partner’s growing team to help them implement a high volume of curated ideas. We don’t believe that people need to sacrifice being close to their families and where they’d prefer to live in order to do their best work.
Why should you apply for this job?
- You will be able to use the latest technologies which fits the projects the best.
- You’ll be working alongside a highly technical and motivated team of 6-8 members with close cooperation with the project manager and the frontend developers.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully remote position.
- You’ll get a competitive benefits package (401K matching, PTO, healthcare plans).
- They provide a continuing education budget as well.
- They support you to have the proper work equipment.
In this role, you will:
- Interpret designs and transform them into a polished rich cross-platform/device web experience.
- Write modular and performant HTML and CSS.
- Be able to rapidly prototype interfaces to finalize an experience in the browser as well as build long term scalable, maintainable, and performant production code.
- Proactively flag challenging areas and offer alternatives, as well as identifying areas for greater code reuse.
- Have to estimate work for a project and modularize goals into clearly defined executable tasks.
- Ability to lead the front-end strategy for a project and make impactful decisions about the methodologies recommended to a client.
- Effectively collaborate with designers throughout the design and engineering process.
The ideal candidate has…
- 6+ years of experience with front-end engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field.
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS including cross-browser compatibility and performance.
- Proven ability to transform a static comp into a website from the ground up.
- Understanding of ad implementations in a responsive environment.
- Experience in task runners and bundlers like Webpack or Gulp.
- Experience with coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- Experience with basic PHP, ideally in the context of WordPress themes.
Nice to have
- Experience with Sketch or Design Software.
- Advanced understanding of implementations in a responsive environment.
- Moderate PHP experience.
- Experience with Gutenberg and building out custom blocks.
- Design experience or formal design education.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
- Experience in mentoring and leading a team.
- Experience and expertise with third party integrations and client-side APIs.
- Strong ability to communicate with client stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, about the impact of decisions around mark-up approach, cross-platform responsive interactions, performance, and topics like accessibility and internationalization.
Location: Anywhere in the United States
We support attaching a code-based portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both (source files are helpful to get a sense of your code structure and file organization).
We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.